Thursday, September 16, 2010

Try it Thursday - Wheeled Frame

On Thursdays, I try something new, and invite you to try it too!

I have to admit that I don't use my Stampin' Around wheels very often lately, and when I do, I just wheel them along to make a straight border or strip. Sometimes I'll do a whole background to add visual interest. I've never tried to make a mitred frame with my wheel... until today! It wasn't too difficult after a little trial and error. Post-it Notes were my friend (especially the longer ones) for masking the corners. I also needed to use my Wheel Guide to get nice straight stamping. My last tip is to cut a piece to go inside the frame to disguise any slight imperfections. Here's the card I came up with:
 
 
We'll be making it this weekend at my Technique Class (featuring Stampin' Around Wheels) this weekend. I still have some spots available if you're in the London, ON area and would like to make this card..
 
Stamps: Herb Expressions, Baroque Swirls Stampin' Around Wheel
Inks: Old Artichoke, Rose Red, Perfect Plum
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red
Other: Always Artichoke Seam Binding, Sweet & Sour DSP, Blender Pen, Wheel Guide, Rhinestone Brad

2 comments:

craftystamper said...

Wow, using the wheels to make a frame. You inspire me. Haven't used the wheels much but I'm going to now. Like the card, and I'd come to your class but I live over 4 hours away.

Totallyawake4-life said...

Class was lots of fun Liz - thanks so much for a new way to use the Wheels!