Saturday, September 4, 2010

Step it Up Saturday - Just Believe

On Step it Up Saturdays, I show you two cards. One is a simple and quick and the second is 'stepped up' by adding a technique, embellishments or layers.

The Just Believe stamp is one of my favourites, and it's easy to make a great card with it. I stamped the Baja Breeze card base with the circle image in the stamp set. The main image was inked with Peach Parfait, and Rock 'n Rolled with Poppy Parade. I added a couple Basic Pearls and stamped the sentiment (from Curly Cute) with Poppy Parade ink on Peach Parfait cardstock. I tore the end, and popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

On the stepped up card, I sponged the Whisper White cardstock with inks (Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, and Poppy Parade) and stamped the image with Jet Black StazOn ink. I added tiny Basic Pearls to all of the flowers. I also wrapped some Pear Pizazz poly-twill ribbon around the focal image, hand-cut the sentiment frame and added a couple pearls.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

beautiful card, as usual!

Lisa said...

I love them both, but the first one is my fav! I will definitely be CASEing it!

Marjorie Gibson said...

Thanks for the comments you left on my blog today - both for my interpretation of this card and the Aviary card. I so appreciate the positive feedback.