Friday, September 17, 2010

Fast & Fun Friday - Snowflakes

On Fridays, I share something quick & easy to make (under 15 minutes).

I saw this idea on a couple different blogs... I think the first one I saw was Tana Conley's card. Her card isn't very complicated, but I simplified it even more for my Fast & Fun Friday card...


I stamped the snowflakes (from Serene Snowflakes) in different colours (Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Marina Mist) onto Whisper White textured cardstock. Then I ran it through the Northern Flurry embossing folder (hopefully you can see the texture) and tore the bottom edge. I tied a knot in the Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon and attached it to the top of the stamped cardstock with glue dots. Then I stamped the sentiment onto the Baja Breeze card base.

Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Christmas Greetings
Inks: Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Marina Mist
Cardstock: Whisper White textured, Baja Breeze
Other: Northern Flurry Texutred Impressions Folder, Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon

4 comments:

MarieK said...

I love this idea - stamping and then embossing - I don't think I've ever tried it before.
Your card is pretty and I like the "fresh" colours you used.
Thanks for sharing your card and the link to Tana's blog too. Lots of great ideas!

Totallyawake4-life said...

Beautiful Liz!

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

I love this color combo - I don't think I would have thought of this one, but I really like it!

Carrie said...

Great, now I need the embossing folder :) Have the stamp set already. Love the card