Friday, September 10, 2010

Fast & Fun Friday - Navy Botanical

On Fridays, I share something quick & easy to make (under 15 minutes).


A card sketch is a great starting point to make a quick & easy card come together even faster. This card is based on a sketch by Susie Nelson (for a Stampin' Connection challenge). I also chose the colour combo with the Colour Coach. I started with Very Vanilla because that was one of the colours in the Newsprint DSP I wanted to use. I stamped some leaves (from Pendant Park & Paradise) on some scraps of Very Vanilla and trimmed the corners. ***TIP: To get your corners the same: Trim one, then flip it and place it over the other corner. Cut along the edge of the scrap, and they'll match perfectly! Of course, I used my favourite new punch (Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border) and tucked the sentiment from Perfect Punches under the edge. I finished it off with a Paper Flower (dyed with a Stampin' Write Marker and an Aqua Painter), a little punched flower and a Basic Pearl.

Stamps: Paradise, Perfect Punches, Pendent Park
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla
Punches: Curly Label, Itty Bitty Shapes, Dotted Scallop Ribbon
Other: Paper Flower, Regal Rose Stampin' Write Marker, Aqua Painter, Basic Pearl, Stampin' Sponge.

No comments: