Thursday, September 9, 2010

Try it Thursday - Ribbon through Ribbon punch

On Thursdays, I try something new, and invite you to try it too!

This week's Technique challenge at Stampin' Addicts (anyone can join... lots of great inspiration and challenges) is to weave ribbon through Dotted Scallop Ribbon punched cardstock. It's super easy, and I love the effect (one more reason to put the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch on your wish list). All you do is cut a slit from one dot to the next (I did every other set) and then weave the 1/8" Taffeta ribbon through the slits. I used it as an accent on this layout from my Scrapbook Class this Sunday.


You can see a close up on the right. I used the Early Expresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon. This month's scrapbook theme is Monochromatic, so when you register for the class, you can choose which colour you'd like your layout to be (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, turquoise, purple, or pink).

If you try this technique, I'd love to see it... link me up in the comments!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is fantastic Liz! I'm definitely going to give this a try next week! Thanks for sharing.