Thursday, September 2, 2010

Try it Thursday - Decorative Label

On Thursdays, I try something new, and invite you to try it too!


Chris thinks I'm crazy to be stamping for Christmas already, but the Holiday Mini makes it so fun! I'm also getting ready for my Holiday Mini Kick-Off this weekend--this is one of the cards we'll be making! I still have a few spots, so if you're in the London, ON area and you'd like to make this card, please contact me to register. I did leave this card without a sentiment so it could be used as a non-Christmas card...

 I love this new Decorative Label punch from the Holiday Mini, but I also love when I can ground a punch by matting it on a slightly larger punch. Since the Decorative Label is quite large, there isn't a punch the right size to go behind it. Luckily, I saw a fabulous video tutorial by Angela McKay and learned how to make my own! It's easy, and I hope you'll try it too! You can watch her video to learn how by clicking here.

Stamps: Merry Crittermas
Inks: Whisper White Craft, StazOn Jet Black, Sahara Sand, Basic Grey, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Shimmery White, Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Decorative Label Punch, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Blender Pen, Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Folder, Basic Rhinestone

3 comments:

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

I'm glad you liked the video Liz:) I love your card! This is adorable!

MarieK said...

What a fun card! I really liked the video tip from Angela - I saved it too but have yet to try it out for myself.
I tried emailing you about next week's Wednesday colour challenge but something is going on with email and I cannot send out emails except to the groups.
Just wanted to let you know that I'm in and this time I will make a Christmas card!

kitchen table said...

I also watched the video and I find it very interesting. I had fun watching it. That card is so cute. That cat is just so adorable.