Thursday, September 23, 2010

Try it Thursday - Fancy Favor Luminary

On Thursdays, I try something new, and invite you to try it too!


I saw this idea (or something like it) somewhere online at least a year ago and I've finally tried it out. I ran some textured Rich Razzleberry cardstock through my Fancy Favour Big Shot die and then cut the top inch off the top. I cut the bottom section an inch from the bottom score lines too. Then I ran a piece of Vellum Cardstock (2 3/4" x 11") through the Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Folder twice (once at each end). I stuck Sticky Strip along the edges of the Rich Razzleberry pieces and stuck the Vellum Cardstock to the rest of the Fancy Favour box. I used my Bone Folder to score the Vellum Cardtock with the Fancy Favour pieces, and stuck it together like I normally would. I have a battery powered tealight to put inside my luminary.

This is one of the projects from my Home Decor Class this weekend... it helps pass the drying time required for a couple of the other projects.

Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry (textured), Vellum Cardstock
Big Shot: Fancy Favor die, Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions folder
Other: Sticky Strip, Two-Way Glue

2 comments:

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Excellent idea - great for an elegant Halloween decoration!

Totallyawake4-life said...

Oh Liz - cannot wait to try this on Sunday night - they have been on my to do list with the Halloween theme of the Spider web emboss folder!!