Friday, August 27, 2010

Try it Thursday!

On Try it Thursdays, sometimes I'll be sharing a new technique or product for you to try, sometimes I'll be trying a new technique for the first time, and sometimes I'll be trying a challenge I've found on another blog or website.

Today, I'm trying a new technique (and challenging you to try too) that I saw on Stampin' Addicts, and I'm trying a challenge from Splitcoast Stampers and combining them in one card. The technique challenge from Stampin' Addicts is to stamp with your clear block. Just ink it up like you would ink a stamp, and press it onto your cardstock... easy peasy and I love the effect (it really grounds the rest of my stamping)! The Clean & Simple challenge from Splitcoast is to use the colours Crumb Cake, Turquoise and White on a card. Here is the result:


Are you up for the challenge? You don't have to do both challenges on one card, but I hope you'll try at least one out! Please link me up so I can see what you created!

Stamps: Just Believe, Silhouette Sentiments
Inks: Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise
Cardstock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Crumb Cake
Other: Stampin' Up Clear C block, Basic Pearls, Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch

2 comments:

MarieK said...

Great card Liz! I love the "inking the block" technique and the colour combo is so pretty. I really like how you combined the two!

Lisa said...

I am loving these themed posts!!! Super cute card...the simplicity is fantastic!