Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sketchy Sunday (#93)

On Sundays, the plan is to post a sketch and hopefully a card or layout to go with it. This is sketch # 93 for my blog, and I want to make it a more regular thing again. So this week, I have a card sketch. It's a sneak peek at the sketch for Stampin' Connection (a demonstrator message board & gallery) card sketch challenge tomorrow.


And here's my card:


I used different papers from the Woodland Walk DSP pack and the Growing Green stamp set which co-ordinates with the papers. I stamped the leaf image on Very Vanilla with Jet Black StazOn ink, then coloured it using my Blender Pen and Certainly Celery & Wild Wasabi inks. The flower was stamped on Watercolour Paper, then coloured using my Aqua Painter & Perfect Plum marker. The sentiment is from Fabulous Phrases... I love the font, and I'm having fun coming up with different sentiments using all the words.

I'd love to see any cards you create inspired by the sketch... leave me a link in the comments and I'll come visit you!

Stamps: Growing Green, Fabulous Phrases
Inks: Jet Black StazOn, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery
Cardstock: Pear Pizazz, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Watercolour paper
Other: Aqua Painter, Blender Pen, Corner Rounder Punch, Woodland Walk DSP, Stamp-a-ma-Jig, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

craftystamper said...

I decided to take your challenge and make a card based on your sketch. Visit me at: http://craftymariasstampingworld.blogspot.com. The post is called: Artistic Etching birthday