Sunday, August 29, 2010

Step it up Saturday - Merry Crittermas

Today I'm showing you two different versions of the same card. One is more basic, and the second one is stepped up a bit by adding a few extra products. This is also a sneak peek from the Holiday Mini (coming September 1st) and a card we'll be making tomorrow at my Team Meeting & Info night.


For the first card, I stamped the beaver from  Merry Crittermas on Watercolour Paper and coloured it using a Blender Pen and inks. I punched it out using the new 2 1/2" Circle punch, and mounted it on a Wild Wasabi Scalloped Square (the larger one from the Scallop Square Duos die) with Dimensionals. I created a background with stripes of paper from the Candy Cane Christmas DSP pack (do you see the glittery striped paper?). The sentiment was stamped on Blushing Bride and punched out with the Modern Label punch.


My stepped up card uses the same products as the first card, plus a torn fabric knot (Candy Cane Christmas fabric), red Glimmer Brads from the Glimmer Brights pack and a silver brad on the sentiment label (also popped up with Dimensionals). I watercoloured the image with my Aqua Painter and Stampin' Write markers. I also used the Smooch Illuminate Top Coat to create 'snow' under the beaver, and I used Two Way Glue around the edge of the circle to add some Dazzling Diamonds.

3 comments:

MarieK said...

What a great concept - step it up! I like both cards but I do like the added fabric on the second one!
Nice to see I'm not the only one stamping Christmas cards!

Anne Krashel said...

Love 'em both. That fabric is awesome!

kat said...

Very merry & bright, love the layouts and the great use of the fabric.