Friday, August 6, 2010

Curly Cute Aviary


This is a card I made for a private class last weekend. It was the first card we made, so I wanted to keep it fairly simple, but there are a  few details that I think make it special.

I used the Presto Patterns DSP and rubbed So Saffron & Poppy Parade inks on with a Stampin'Sponge. The Early Expresso Taffeta Ribbon creates a soft band beside the Scallop Trim Edge. The Basic Rhinestone adds a little bling to the top of the cage. I used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to get accurate placement of my birds and the cage. I love the sentiments in Curly Cute. There's a nice variety and they look so pretty! I found this colour combination on my Colour Coach. This is a fabulous tool and I love it already... I never would have tried these colours together, and I really like how this card turned out. I'm giving them away as a gift to anyone who joins my team by September 30th. You can see the colour combination on the Colour Coach below:


Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Stamps: Aviary, Curly Cute
Inks: Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, So Saffron
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Other: Presto Patterns DSP, Scallop Trim Border punch, Early Expresso Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Stamp-a-ma-Jig, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

kat said...

Love the Presto Paper, it really makes the card pop. Very cute.

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Same here - I love this set, period! It is definitely on the wish list!!! Cute card!

Kache said...

So cute!