Monday, August 23, 2010

Mini Monday!

Since there is always a Mini Catalogue now, I thought I could show a card each week using products from the current Mini Catalogue. There's only eight days left to order from the Summer Mini Catalogue, and this set (First Day) is perfect for school layouts and cards. I'm hoping Morgan's teacher enjoys this card for the first day of school.


I loved the little row of apples in this set, and used the bigger apple from Tart & Tangy to create my background. I found the colour combination (Pear Pizazz, More Mustard and Cajun Craze) in the Colour Coach, and thought it was perfect for a fall card. I added the 'happy' from Fabulous Phrases to the 'first day of school' sentiment that comes in the First Day stamp set. I love that the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border can be used in more than one way... it's the perfect accent peeking out from behind the stamped panel.

Stamps: First Day, Tart & Tangy, Fabulous Phrases
Inls: Pear Pizazz, Cajun Craze
Cardstock: Pear Pizazz, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze
Other: Scallop Ribbon Border punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

6 comments:

Lisa said...

SO CUTE!! I am teaching grade 7 this year and would LOVE to receive this on the first day. Doubtful tho...that would be SO uncool on the first day for those intermediates...hahahaha

Lisa said...

On a side note...do you think you will be attending the October Scrapfest??? It is the 15th and 16th I believe. Let me know!!

kat said...

Very cute, love all the apples and putting the two sets together was a great idea.

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Great idea to use the larger apple - I hadn't thought of that...specatcular!

dining room table said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Gorgeous work! Thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog:) I love your work!