Monday, July 12, 2010

Sketch #91

I have a card sketch again this week... if you create a card based on this sketch, I'd love to see it! Link me up in the comments.


I created this sketch before I received my Sale-a-Bration freebie order last Friday, so I had to rotate the sketch so I could use my new favourite stamp set, Just Believe:



I used Stampin' Write Markers (Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizazz and Perfect Plum) to colour on the rubber of the stamp, then I spritzed it with water before stamping to create this faux watercolour effect. The glitter doesn't show very well in this photo, but I stuck a glue dot in the middle of the flower, and then sprinkled it with Supernova Glitter (the brown one). I love the texture added with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions folder...

I hope you have time to create with me this week! If you're a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, this is the Card Sketch Challenge (tag SCCSC25) for this week.

Stamps: Just Believe
Inks: Perfect Plum
Cardstock: Pear Pizazz, Early Expresso, Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum
Stampin' Write Markers: Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizazz, Perfect Plum
Punches: Scallop Trim Border, Word Window, Modern Label
Other: Square Lattice TIF, Glue Dot, Supernova Fine Glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Liz! Another great sketch! I wanted to let you know that I left you a blog award on my blog (http://crop-and-create.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-awards.html). You can stop in and pick it up any time! :)
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Very nice Liz e

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Yes, a great idea for a technique! I think I'll try to make a quick card for this on MDS!