Monday, July 26, 2010

Faux Silk Elements of Style


I wanted to update some of my technique samples, and since I used Embrace Life (retired in June) for my Faux Silk sample, I thought I'd use Elements of Style to create a new sample.

This technique is very easy, and looks great too.

1. Stamp an image on light coloured tissue paper (I used Jet Black StazOn). The tissue paper should be larger than you want your finished piece to be.
2. Colour the image if desired (I used Blender Pens and my ink pads).
3. Crinkle up the tissue paper into a little ball, then open up, but don't flatten too much.
4. Cut a light piece of card stock the size you want your finished piece to be.
5. Apply glue (a glue stick works best) to the whole piece of light card stock.
6. Push the wrinkled tissue paper down onto the glue-covered card stock. I start in the middle, and push straight down with my palms. You want to avoid smoothing out the wrinkles, just push them into the glue.
7. Wait a few minutes for the glue to dry, and then trim off the excess tissue paper

Stamps: Elements of Style
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White
Inks: Old Olive, Early Expresso, Not Quite Navy, Melon Mambo, Jet Black StazOn
Other: Tissue Paper, Lots of Tags Sizzlet, Corner Rounder Punch, Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder, Blender Pen, Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Marker

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This card, and yesterdays are SO SO pretty! I love the soft colours you are using!!!! Fabulous!

Totallyawake4-life said...

Gorgeous - I love the texture the faux silk gives a card - subtle and elegant!