Sunday, October 4, 2009
The Twelve Weeks of Christmas
Yes, that's right... there's just over twelve weeks until Christmas, and I'm here to help with card and gift ideas! I'm hoping to post at least one Christmas idea a week here on my blog, but I'm definitely sending out an e-mail each week with an idea I won't be showing on my blog. This e-mail will list all supplies needed as well as instructions and a picture of the card or gift idea. If you're not on my e-mail list, and you'd like to sign up for these exclusive e-mails, you can either click the link in my sidebar, or send me a quick e-mail (you can just put Newsletter or Twelve Weeks in the subject line) and I'll add you!
So to start us off, this is a quick and easy card with a few details that make it special. It would be a great card to reproduce to send to a bunch of people.
This one uses a few different products from the Holiday Mini Catalogue: Delightful Decorations Stamp set (pg 24 ~ item #116517 ~ $28.95); Ornament Punch (pg 25 ~ item #116794 ~ $22.95); Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder (pg 21 ~ item #116824 ~ $10.95) and Frost White Shimmer Paint (pg 27 ~ item #116854 ~ $8.95); Four the Holidays (pg 19 ~ item #116921 ~ $18.95); Silver Elastic Cord (pg 27 ~ item #109866 ~ $6.95). The complete product list will be at the bottom of this post.
1. Create an Old Olive card base (5.5"x4.25").
2. Cut a piece of Real Red cardstock (4.25"x2") and place it inside the Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions folder. Run through the Big Shot (Multipurpose Platform Tab 2, Cutting Plate, Impressions folder, Cutting Plate).
3. Put a Mini Glue Dot in the top middle of the Old Olive card. Stick an end of the Silver Elastic Cord to the glue dot.
4. Adhere the Real Red textured cardstock at the top of the Old Olive card base, centred horizontally. Use a Mini Glue Dot to stick the other end of the Silver Elastic Cord to the front of the Real Red cardstock.
5. Ink one of the ornaments from Delightful Decorations with Old Olive ink.
6. Shake the Frost White Shimmer paint and take off the lid. Use a Sponge Dauber to get a little Frost White shimmer paint from the lid. Pounce the sponge dauber over the Old Olive ink on the ornament stamp.
7. Stamp the ornament onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
8. Punch out the ornament using the Ornament Punch (hold upside down so you can see where you're punching).
9. Stamp a sentiment from Four the Holidays with Chocolate Chip ink at the bottom of the card (centred horizontally).
10. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the punched ornament above the sentiment.
11. Tie a knot in a piece of Real Red Striped 1/2" Grosgrain ribbon and adhere above ornament with a Mini Glue Dot.
Old Olive Cardstock - item #100702
Real Red Cardstock - item # 102482
Whisper White Cardstock - item #100730
Old Olive Classic Ink - item #100908
Chocolate Chip Classic Ink - item #100908
Four the Holidays - item #116921
Delightful Decorations - item #116517
Ornament Punch - item #116794
Petals-a-Plenty Texured Impressions Embossing Folder - item #116824
Frost White Shimmer Paint - item #116854
Silver Elastic Cord - item #109866
1/2" Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon - item #110714
Sponge Daubers - item #102892
SNAIL Adhesive - item #104332
Mini Glue Dots - item #103683
Stampin' Dimensionals - item #104430