We're just two months away... so here's another idea for a quick and pretty card with a non-traditional colour combination. I love the Brushed Silver cardstock, and when you emboss with the Textured Impressions folders it it looks even better! If you'd like another Christmas idea each week, make sure you sign up for my e-mail newsletter (e-mail me, or sign up with the link in my sidebar... just put "12 Weeks of Christmas" in the subject/comments section). I send the next one out tomorrow!
Stamps: Dasher (item #116816); Serene Snowflakes (item #115438)
Inks: VersaMark (item #102283), Not Quite Navy (item #103008)
Cardstock: Sahara Sand ~ 8.5"x4.25" (item #105328), Brushed Silver ~ 3"x4" (item #100712), Not Quite Navy ~ 2.25"x2.5" (item #101722), Bashful Blue ~ 2"x2" (item #105120)
Accessories: Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (item #109131); Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder (item #116824), Merry Embosslit (item #116820), Embossing Buddy (item #103083), Silver Elastic Cord (item #109866), Stampin' Dimensionals (item #104430)
1. Put the Brushed Silver cardstock inside the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot.
2. Put the Bashful Blue cardstock in the Merry Embosslit and run it through the Big Shot.
3. Stamp the small snowflakes from Serene Snowflakes onto the Merry Tag with Not Quite Navy ink.
4. Cut two pieces of Silver Elastic cord (about 4" each) and fold them in half. Thread the loop through the hole in the Merry Tag, then put the ends through the loop.
5. Rub the Embossing Buddy over the Not Quite Navy Cardstock. Stamp Dasher onto the cardstock with VersaMark ink.
6. Sprinkle Dasher with Silver Stampin' Emboss powder and shake off excess. Heat with a Heat Tool until melted and shiny.
7. Distress the edges of the Dasher piece with your thumbnail.
8. Adhere the Brushed Silver cardstock to the Sahara Sand card base. Adhere Not Quite Navy cardstock to card. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the Merry Tag to the card.