Sunday, September 13, 2009

Birthday Cupcakes

This card is the fifth card in my Birthday Cards for Kids class (tonight). This one is pretty simple on the outside (the cupcakes are shimmery IRL because we're using inks and Blender Pens to colour on Shimmery White cardstock)



but the fun is on the inside:

This cupcake (also coloured with inks on Shimmery White cardstock) pops up when you open the card!

supplies (all SU!): Stamps (Crazy for Cupcakes); inks (Jet Black StazOn, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry,  Bermuda Bay, Pretty in Pink);  cardstock (Naturals Ivory, Melon Mambo, Shimmery White, So Saffron; Razzleberry Lemonade DSP; Punches (Scallop Circle, Modern Label, Eyelet Border)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

ohhhhhh this card is SO CUTE!!! I love the pop-up idea! I will definitely have to try this!

kat said...

Very cute, love the pop up cupcake. The punched edge is very pretty.

Lisa said...

Hi Liz! Just wanted to let you know that I did a video and posted it on my blog...it features a scrapbook page using one of your sketches...so I included a link both to your blog and to the sketch I used (#34). LOVE your sketches!!

http://crop-and-create.blogspot.com/2009/09/video-2-our-last-day-scrapbook-page.html

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

I love your card - it is so cute! My favorite is the little pop-up on the inside. It's so funny, I bought some napkins the other day that were almost identical to that cupcake stand stamp!