Thursday, October 14, 2010

Try it Thursday - Cut it apart!

On Thursdays, I try something new, and invite you to try it too!

This is the second card we'll be making in my Technique Class this weekend. After I stamped and embossed the flower image from Inspired by Nature, I cut it apart. I sponged different colours (chosen with the Colour Coach) onto each piece, and put them back together on some Basic Black cardstock leaving a small space between each piece. It's a very simple 'technique' and you don't have to make a grid... this would look great cut into strips too, but I really like it because it gives me another way to use some of my favourite silhouette images. If you create something using this technique, I hope you'll share... I'd love to see it!
 
 
Stamps: Inspired by Nature
Inks: Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, VersaMark
Cardstock: Naturals White, Basic Black, Cajun Craze
Other: Black Stampin' Emboss powder, Paper Trimmer, Linen Thread, Stampin' Sponge, Regals Button, Eyelet Border punch

5 comments:

craftystamper said...

Love that technique. Will sure use that. Wonderful card overall

Totallyawake4-life said...

Awesome Liz - simple yet elegant card ... cannot wait to make this tonight :)

fancynancykay said...

LOVE the idea - and it will be my card project for Saturday's Stampers (or I may incorporate it into our scrapbook layout... haven't decided yet - that will bubble all day in the back of my mind!)

{And kudos for spelling silhouette correctly ;}

dining tables said...

I love that technique. I find it simple yet elegant!

dining table said...

I will always bear in mind the technique you just shared. Thanks a lot for that.