Friday, April 8, 2011

More MDS... Hybrid Florets

This is a hybrid card (with a sneak peek at the Summer Mini).


I created the centre panel (white) in My Digital Studio with the Fabulous Florets Brush Stamps download (available May 1st) because my pre-order hasn't arrived, and I wanted to play! I created a full sheet with eight sentiments and the flowers and leaves stamped strategically (to look random) all over. I printed it out on Whisper White card stock, cut it apart into eight pieces and then created the rest of the card with traditional supplies. The design came from sketch #1 in the new Card Maps magazine/idea book. You can see my full sheet that I created in MDS below:


Stamps: Fabulous Florets (digital version)
Inks (in MDS): Concord Crush, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz
Card stock: Whisper White, Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango (textured)
Other: Pear Pizzazz Twill ribbon, My Digital Studio, Scallop Trim border punch

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What a beautiful card. Love how the randomness turned out.

I would seriously consider using MDS for creating cards, eliminate my piles of stamps. Will need to think about this...

Totallyawake4-life said...

Gorgeous Liz ... I love the hybrid cards and agree with Carrie - great option for taking up less space and I have been doing this with some of the stamp sets that I like but know I might not use as often to commit to the space to store them!