Hard to believe, but we're half-way through the Twelve Weeks of Christmas! Be sure to sign up for my newsletter (e-mail me, or click the link in my side-bar) to get another idea by e-mail tomorrow!
This week, I have a gift box idea for you:
This is made quickly and easily with the Petal Envelope die for the Big Shot. You could easily adapt this for small gifts for any occasion (or wedding favours) by changing the colours and stamps. Here are the supplies you'll need for this box:
Stamps: Snow Swirled (item #111690), Christmas Punch (hostess -item #115366) - You could use Delightful Decorations (item #116517) instead
Inks: Platinum Shimmer Paint (item #116807), Real Red (item #103133)
Cardstock: Real Red (item #102482), Brushed Silver (item #100712)
Accessories: Scallop Oval Punch (item #114889), Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (item #110714), Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper (item #116770), Sponge Daubers (item #102892), Silver Elastic Cord (item #109866), Petal Card die (item #113467)
1. Use the Big Shot to cut four Petal Cards from Real Red cardstock.
2. Cut one flap (half-circle) off each petal card.
3. Use the Sponge Daubers to apply Platinum Shimmer Paint to the snowflake stamps and stamp randomly onto the petal card.
4. Turn the stamped sides down, and attach all the cards together (I used Sticky Strip). Apply adhesive to the single flap, and attach it to the straight edge where you removed one flap).
5. Fold all the bottom flaps together and apply a little adhesive where they touch each other.
6. Fold the top closed, and tie a piece of ribbon around to hold it closed.
7. Stamp the tag with Real Red ink on Brushed Silver cardstock and punch out with the Scallop Oval Punch.
8. Pierce a hole in the tag, and thread some Silver Elastic cord through the hole. Tie the tag around the knot of ribbon.
Here is the completed box again: