Monday, January 10, 2011

Mini Monday - Nature Walk for You

In my Mini Monday posts, I feature a stamp set (or two) and products from the current Mini Catalogue.


This is a card we made at my Downline Meeting & Info night in January. I was showcasing products from the Occasions Mini and Sale-a-Bration flyer, so this card features four items from the Occasions Mini. I also show a Technique Rewind, where I go back to a past technique from one of my classes and we make a card using the technique. I showed Poppin' Pastels on this card.

I stamped the centre panel with VersaMark using some of the stamps from Nature Walk. Using a Sponge Dauber, I dabbed different coloured Stampin' Pastels over the VersaMark images. This gives a soft, more subtle effect. I also used the Tulip Border Textured Impressions folder from the Occasions Mini to emboss the edge of my card base. I applied a little Frost White Shimmer Paint to the embossed area with my sponge dauber. The sentiment is stamped with a stamp from Say it Simply (also in the Occasions Mini). I love the look of vintage book paper on cards, but haven't ripped apart any books to get my own yet. Now I don't have to, because Stampin' Up! has First Edition DSP which is a thinner than their regular designer papers, and looks like vintage book paper or newspaper. I love it! For this card, I ran a strip through my Tasteful Trims Big Shot die (from the Holiday Mini but still available to purchase). The Decorative Label punch was introduced in the Holiday Mini, and I'm very happy that it's in the Occasions Mini as well... it has become a favourite.

Stamps: Nature Walk, Say it Simply
Inks: VersaMark, Soft Suede, Frost White Shimmer paint
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Naturals White, Rose Red, So Saffron
Big Shot: Tulip Border TIF, Tasteful Trims die
Punches: Decorative Label, Wide Oval
Other: Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Daubers

1 comment:

Anne Krashel said...

You always have such awesome cards and layouts!!! Not enough time to CASE them all.