Monday, November 12, 2012

Two pocket cards!

These cards were from my Simple Cards Class over the weekend (and we'll be making them at my Christmas Card class in Ridgetown this Saturday). I offer a Christmas version and an All Occasion version this time of year, and I wanted to show that by changing a stamp set and a few colours, you can use the same supplies to make these different cards. I saw this card on Julie's blog and had to make two for myself! It is a pocket card, and the insert shows through the window of the pocket.
 

I used Always Artichoke, Naturals White and Early Espresso card stock for both cards. I also used Garden Green and Early Espresso ink for both cards, cut a window using the same Apothecary Accent Framelit, and used the same design and sentiment stamp set (Sassy Salutations). For the birthday card (above) I used the French Foliage stamp set, and added some More Mustard and Cajun Craze inks. I tied the pocket closed with Linen Thread.

For the Christmas version, I used the Watercolor Winter stamp set and added Soft Suede ink to the mix. I tied the pocket closed with Early Espresso stitched grosgrain ribbon.

No comments: