Friday, December 24, 2010

Emboss Resist - December Technique class

Somehow I missed sharing this before my class last weekend, so I'll share now. I have noticed (and I'm sure you have too) that the daily themes aren't working for me right now. I have cards I've made, but they don't fit a theme, so I don't share them. So for now, if I have something that goes with a theme I'll post it, but otherwise, I'll go back to sharing whatever I've been working on. With that said here is my card for today:


In one of my past technique classes (Heat Embossing), I did quickly share the Emboss Resist technique. I've had a few requests to go over it again, so December's class was all about Emboss Resist. We used watercolours, Stampin' Pastels, and classic inks with Sponge Daubers and Stampin' Sponges. The technique is the same no matter what medium you use:

1. Stamp an image with VersaMark ink and sprinkle with Stampin' Emboss powder (I usually use Clear).
2. Heat with a Heat Tool.
3. Apply ink (or pastels) over the area you embossed.

That's it! The embossed areas will resist the colour and show whatver is underneath. For this card, I stamped the swirl from Elements of Style onto a piece of Newsprint DSP. After heating the embossing powder I rubbed several ink colours randomly over the butterfly with my Sponge Daubers. The butterfly was cut with the Beautiful Butterflies die for the Big Shot.

Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Curly Cute
Inks: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Perfect Plum, VersaMark
Cardstock: Naturals White, Pear Pizazz, Perfect Plum, Rose Red
Big Shot: Elegant Lines textured impressions folder, Beautiful Butterflies die
Other: Corner Rounder punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch, Newsprint DSP, Neutrals buttons, Linen thread.

2 comments:

Totallyawake4-life said...

Love LOVE Love this one Liz ... so ready for the Spring this symbolizes!

Kache said...

ooh, really like that technique!