Thursday, August 20, 2009

Upsy Daisy Canvas

Some of you may remember my Always Bird canvas, made with the medium Always Bird from the Decor Elements catalogue.


I still love it, but the medium Always bird retired this past June, so of course that gave me a reason to try a new vinyl art piece! This time, I chose the Old Olive Upsy Daisy image and painted my canvas a vanilla colour before adding streaks of green and purple (and a little silver) paint. After letting the paint dry I put a couple catalogues inside the frame under the canvas so I had something to push against, and rubbed on the flowers. Easy peasy, and I LOVE how it turned out! I did cut apart a few of the flowers so I could layer them a little more. I'd love to see how you've used Decor Elements, either on your walls or to create art!

6 comments:

ANAT S said...

wow this is beautiful

kat said...

Wow, I love this. Very creative.

Tracy said...

Wow! This is awesome!!! I'm totally going to do something like this someday. :)

Thanks for your comment on my blog candy. Can you help pass the word along? http://stampintracy.blogspot.com.

:)

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Wow this is really gorgeous! I love the effect. I have a few painted canvases with decor elements, but mine have all been one solid color for the background. Did you use acrylic paint?

Unknown said...

Oh!! this is gorgeous card...
great job..
creative!!

--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security

Ashley said...

OH PRETTY!