Friday, August 21, 2009

Sketch #70 (and a peek at the new SU! Shimmer Paint)

I have a 12x12 multi-photo sketch today... lots of white space on this one!


I was multi-tasking last night, so I made a card using items from the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalogue (available September 1st):

I used the new Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (looks like poinsettias), a new stamp set (Delightful Decorations) that has a co-ordinating punch, and the new Frost White Shimmer paint (more like an ink than a paint).
I applied the shimmer paint to my stamps with a Sponge Dauber after I inked the stamp with Old Olive or Ruby Red ink, and it adds a very cool shimmer effect, but keeps the colour of the ink I used. For the green ornament with the snowflake, I applied the shimmer paint to the stamp without adding any colour first.
If you'd like to make this card (and two others--a Halloween card and a Thanksgiving card) and try out these and other new products from the Holiday Mini, come to my Downline Meeting/Opportunity Night - Sunday Aug 30th @ 7:00pm. It's free! My e-mail is in the sidebar for more details.
check out Tracy's blog for some blog candy!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Liz! LOVE the sketch!
I posted my LO here:

http://crop-and-create.blogspot.com/2009/08/embossing-addiction.html

Note the SLIGHT overuse of embossing powder...I am SOOO addicted at the moment! Hahah

Unknown said...

I really love the sketch...
thanks for this...

--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security