Thursday, April 23, 2009

Super Simple Birthday card

This super quick and easy card is made with my favourite set from the Occasions Mini catalogue. I used the Whisper White notecards, a Chocolate Chip inkpad and three Stampin' Write markers (Gable Green, Orchid Opulence and Tempting Turquoise) to make it. That's it!


I love this set because you get a pretty image that can be used with different colours to achieve many different looks, AND you get four outside sentiments and four inside verses (that can also be used on the outside). There aren't many stamps sets like this in the catalogue... I've looked! This set gives you a little bit of everything (maybe that's how it got its name... lol!) and allows you to create a lot of cards by changing the colours. You can see in this post that I got a pretty flower by rotating the stamp, and in this post, I used it as a tree branch. Here's the set:

If you're Canadian, and you like it as much as I do, you can order it from my Stampin' Up! page by going here and clicking the "Shop Now" button! If you find something else in the Occasions mini that brings your total to $50, you can choose one of the single stamps or note kits on pg 208 of the main catalogue for free!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

What a beautiful, yet simple card.

Melissa Sauls said...

What a GREAT clean and simple card! Love it and love the colors!

Holly VanDyne said...

oooooh! I love the colors you used and LOVE the cute card! You make me want to get that set!

El Capitan said...

Simple. Classy. I like it!

katiesniche said...

How very pretty! You make a great point on how this set is perfect!

Andrea said...

Cute! You are right... this is a great set!