Thursday, September 5, 2013

Painter's Tape + Lovely as a Tree

I think this was my favourite card from my August Simple Cards Class... I love the colours, and I love how easy the Painter's Tape background technique is, and how much it adds to the card.


If you haven't seen the Painter's Tape Technique yet, you have to try it! I found it works best with the newer Firm Foam pads, but it does work with the older felt/fabric top pads too. You just lay a strip of painter's tape on the ink pad (sticky side down), rub in little circles to transfer ink to the tape, then lift the tape and stick it onto your card stock. Rub the back of the tape again (transferring ink to the card stock), and carefully peel it back off. If you're not happy with your first application, you can repeat to add a little more ink (or extend your strips of colour). Then repeat with a new piece of tape and another ink colour... continue until your background is the way you want it and stamp any image and sentiment of your choice over top. I used a tree from Lovely As a Tree (stamped with Early Espresso) and the sentiment from So Sorry (Soft Suede and Early Espresso. The colours I used for the background are Pistachio Pudding, Crumb Cake & Soft Sky. I also added a small piece of Burlap Ribbon (Holiday Catalogue) and paper pierced corners.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Smiles, Laurie said...

I'm going to have to give this a try...your easy explanation of how to make such a pretty card is inspiring!