Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gold Stars, Ink. March Shoebox Swap cards

As promised, I'm here to share some of the cards from my team swap last week. Our theme was Spring, and I shared my card in my last post. We bring the pre-cut supplies to our stamp night, and pass around the boxes to make one of each person's card. I ask everyone to try to keep the cards simple so each one takes 10-15 minutes to stamp and assemble.

This card was designed by my daughter Morgan. She knew exactly what she wanted, and even though I tried to persuade her to do things differently, the card ended up exactly how she wanted it. With some careful brayer work (on the Manhattan Floral Textured Impressions Folder) by me ahead of time, this card was very quick to stamp and assemble.


Susan did a lot of the punching ahead of time, so we just had to sponge and assemble our tulips (made from the bird wing of the 2 Step Bird punch), layer the pieces, do some spritzing and put the pieces together. She ran a piece of vellum through the Big Shot in the Snow Burst TIF to add texture to the vase (Tab Punch). The Adorning Accents Edgelits and texture folder add the perfect touch to this one.

I thought Ila's Easter card was super cute and creative... She pre-punched the eggs and ran them through inked Textured Impressions folders. We stamped the grass (Inspired by Nature) and cut it by hand, then tucked the eggs and bunny ears into it.

I'll be back tomorrow with the rest of our swap cards...

1 comment:

Colleen said...

These are great! And Morgan definitely has quite the eye for design!